Wednesday, October 08, 2008

An Ornament in Ollantaytambo…



I thought I’d pay a visit to Peru this evening. A friend, who’s been on this site a few times before, Mr Poll, was travelling around the Sacred Valley area of the country over a year ago, and he managed to persuade some of his travelling companions to get in on the statue imitation act. So tonight we pay homage to fellow travelling companion Lorna. I’m sure Mr Poll mentioned this at the time, but just thought I’d let you know that through being posted on this site international fame and fortune will beckon shortly!…

Anyway, Lorna is stood by her statue in the marvellously named Ollantaytambo! At some 2,800 metres above sea level this could well be one of the highest monuments we’ve featured to date. Sadly, the fading light at the time the pic was taken doesn’t quite do the statue justice, but I have a feeling this is what it looks like in daylight. I believe he is an Inca chief of some sort.

It looks like a pretty damn cool place to visit. Indeed, Peru in general would be a pretty damn cool place to visit.

1 comment:

Christian Abel said...

Looks like a good place to me and i must say that this kind of experiences are fine enough and helpful at a lot so yeah when we know fort lauderdale to boca raton is the reason of my comfort on the road.